Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Agree to Disagree part 2

This is a more detailed explaintion of my agree to disagree posts as it seems as if there is at least one person who doesn't quite realize that you have to actually have a discussion in order to agree to disagree.

Here is the original post:

Agree to Disagree


I have always believed that it is always best to agree to disagree when debating an issue before things get out of hand and feelings get hurt.


There are also those who believe that they are so right that they don't even allow a discussion of topic, but rather "assume" what the other person is talking about. These are the ones who will attack first before ever considering that they just might not understand what is being said.

I have run across many of these people. The only thing you can do is to just walk away and allow them their ignorance.


Sometimes I need to remember that it is not up to me to convince others what the Word has to say, but rather, to simply show what the Word has to say and then backoff and let the Holy Spirit do the convicting.


If possible, ALWAYS post scripture to back your position.

For example:

If I said that we are not to associate with those who claim to be Christians but continue with their own fleshy agenda. If they do not follow instruction of the Word that is used to instruct them, we are to walk away. I would have to quote scripture here:

Re 2:2
`I know your deeds and your toil and perseverance, and that you cannot tolerate evil men, and you put to the test those who call themselves apostles, and they are not, and you found them to be false;

2 Thess 3:
14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of that person and do not associate with him, so that he will be put to shame.
15 Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother

Mt 7:6
"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

1 Cor 5:
6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

And for those who LIE:

Colossians 3:
8 But now you also, put them all aside: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from your mouth.
9 Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its evil practices,

Now when I say that Mexicans and everyone else who wishes to enter this country must do so legally, it needs to be backed up with scriptures that state that we are to follow our laws and leaders.

Romans 13:1
1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake

My ancestors came into this country in order to escape the potato famine in Ireland. They did so legally. It is not fair to those who are trying to do the legal, right and biblical thing to not be able to get into the US because of those who choose to break the law. I do not believe that as Christians that we should EVER condone the breaking of the laws.

America is called the "melting pot", not just because of the different nationalities that are represented here, but rather because we are to melt the different cultures in order to make one. This includes the same language, it benefits all Americans that for all of us to speak the same language, at least in public arena's where we need to shop, do business, etc......

This does not mean racial predujice against anyone, it means that the same rules are to be the same for everyone!!


"psst.. now we can agree to disagree!" :wink:


This is hard when I feel like I am being attacked because of what I believe to be true. When I feel belittled or talked down to, as if I do not have any biblical knowlege, is when this is the hardest for me.


While I have forgiven this person, I realize that he is filled with hate towards some, but that is not my responsiblity. I will continue to pray for this person, but unless I am lead by the SPIRIT I will not allow such person to influence me or my actions.