Thursday, June 15, 2006

Perfect Christians

Hyprocrite!!! Apostate!!! Practice what you preach!!!!!!

Has anybody else heard any of these??

I am so sick and tired of those who don't even try to do the right thing, or non christians throwing this up everytime a Christian falls.

WE WILL STUMBLE!! WE ARE NOT PERFECT!!!!!

Because of the biblical knowlege I have, so much more is expected of me than there would have been if I had been new to scripture.

I believe that the HS will bring into our rememberance what we need to know when we need to know it. Since I have so much scripture, there is more to work with.

Sometimes it feels like a blessing and sometimes it leads to so much stress. I am expected to be more than what I am, because of this.

People seem to forget that I it has been a short time since I rededicated. I still have years and years of sinful behavior to overcome. It is a struggle, but I can only do my best, but I am made to feel as if it is not enough. That I am expected to have things down and be perfect, especially that which I teach.

I teach what I am taught and most of the time it is as I am being taught. They also seems to come from lessons learned the hard way.

See, I may know what the bible says, but my maturity in the Lord has not quite caught up with what I know.

It is too overwhelming to change my entire life in one minute!! Somethings take time, I am working on one thing at a time. The HS is in control of what He teaches me, not me.

Most of the scripture I know is and has been in my intellect only, it wasn't real to me. When I listen to what the HS teaches me, it becomes real and a part of me.

This is how it works:

1. Listen and Learn

we need to listen and learn what the HS is teaching us. We can never learn if
we do not listen.

2. Practice what you Learn.

Once you have learned what the Word says and it has been made real to you, the next step is to start practicing it.
Ever wonder why it is called practice?? Just every other thing that we wish to perfect we must practice.
If we hit the wrong note or we stumble and fall, we need to get ourselves back up and keep on going. We need to keep working on perfecting ourselves in order to succeed.

This is where I get my most flak. I listen and I learn, but I try and share what I am being taught while I am being taught. This is where people seem to expect me to be perfect and that is not the case. I am trying, but I am not there yet. I still stumble and fall, we all do.


Even Paul has his one sin that he had problems with. But he kept trying and praying about his shortcomings. Why shouldn't we do the same?

"There is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ."

We are forgiven by God, if God doesn't condem me, what give anybody else that right?

"Forgive as My Father in Heaven forgave you"

Regardless, we must forgive those who hurt us. This does not mean that we will not fail at this either, it simply means that I am trying. I have forgiven, but I am working on forgetting and letting go.

"Love you neighbor as yourself"

How much do you love you?? Do you wish to have people understand and forgive you? Then you must do forgive others.

"God will judge us with the same yardstick we use to judge others"

If we judge others only by the mistakes that they make, then how many mistakes is God going to use when He judges us??


Again, this does not mean that we will always succeed at these, but each time we resist the devil and the temptations, the more mature we get and the easier it gets.


Php 3:12
Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.

Php 3:14
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Heb 6:1
Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,

Practice what you preach!! Exactly!! Practice, practice, practice until it is perfected!!