Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Casting our Cares

2 Cor 12:
9 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,[b] for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
10 Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

I have been going through somethings right now, where I am being insulted every which way this week.

I have been trying my best to deal with it the way I am supposed to in Love and patience. But that is the problem, I have been trying to do it alone. We are to cast our cares on Jesus and let Him carry our burdens.

1 Peter 5:
7 casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

Psalms 55:
16 As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.
17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
18 He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me.
19 God shall hear, and afflict them, even he that abideth of old. Selah. Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God.
20 He hath put forth his hands against such as be at peace with him: he hath broken his covenant.
21 The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords.
22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Matt 11:
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


We are supposed to give our cares on Jesus and let Him carry the load. I am not alone, I need to pray and let the HS strengthen me. God promises peace if we follow Him and keep our minds on the good things.
posted by Star @ 9:11 AM