Saturday, April 01, 2006

Agree to Disagree?

I have always believed that it is always best to agree to disagree when debating an issue before things get out of hand and feelings get hurt.

Sometimes I need to remember that it is not up to me to convince others what the Word has to say, but rather, to simply show what the Word has to say and then backoff and let the Holy Spirit do the convicting.

This is an issue that has been popping up over and over again. Sometimes I get so passionate about an idea that I simply have problems just letting go and letting God do the rest.

This is hard when I feel like I am being attacked because of what I believe to be true. When I feel belittled or talked down to, as if I do not have any biblical knowlege, is when this is the hardest for me. I feel like I have to prove something. Reality is quite different. DO I really have to prove what I know? No I do not. I should feel secure enough with what I know, to not have to prove myself to anyone, besides, there will always be those who will close off their ears to anything that doesn't line up with what they wish to believe. Not everyone will be open to the Holy SPirit and what God says in the Word. There will always be those who wish to ignore teachings that don't line up with their own preconcieved notions.

May I never be like that. May I always keep an open mind and a heart that is open to the Holy Spirit. May I always be open to being taught by the Holy Spirit.

When we get to the point where we think that we know it all, is when we close ourselves off to being taught by the Holy Spirit. This is when our learning and revelations stop. I do not ever want to live without my lightbulb moments. Never, I enjoy them too much and I get too excited over them to ever wish them to stop.
posted by Star @ 11:26 AM