Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Leaning on the Holy Spirit and not man

I was raised in a heavily biblical home by parents who talked the talk but didn't walk the walk and the churches were pretty much the same. This has left me disillusioned.

Because of this I have no faith in what men have to say about scripture. I know scripture, lots of it and more than most, but I have found myself in the last few years haveing to research and test what I have been taught with what the bible has to say.


Most of what I have been taught though has been true and has lined up with the scriptures.

In the bible Paul states that we need to test what we hear with the Word to see if it lines up. We are to believe scripture and not man. We are also suppose to pray to the Holy Spirit and ask Him to teach us what the Scriptures have to say. Some call this revelation, I like to call it my Lightbulb Moments.

Most of my writing both in my blog and in my forums come from these Lightbulb moments. Most have come from prayer. You know "Lord how do I forgive" "Lord how do I keep the bitterness from coming up" "Lord how do I show your love to all" those type of prayers. In each one He has been faithful to remind me of scriptures that I have been taught, but the difference is that I am left going "WOW, How did I miss that?"

Those who are God's will hear His voice and know that it is He that is speaking and that it is not coming from elsewhere. We have to have a relationship with God in order to be able to hear His voice. I have had times when I have asked God "How do I know that this is you and not just in my head?", and then confirmation has come from the weirdest of places out of the blue. Now, I know when I hear His voice. I have spent time with Him getting to know Him.

This is not to say that I know it all, I do not! Far from it, I am always open to teaching and learning. I do not think that I will ever know it all, but I do know that I will know more today than I did yesterday.

Sometimes it seems as if I am stuck on one paticular subject. Right now it is the fruit. I do not wish to be one of those who push others away when teaching the Word, I wish to draw others closer to me and to the Word. This is what God is dealing with me on right now. This is why I believe that I have been getting more flak and attitudes lately than i have in the past. I am being tested. Sometimes I pass, but sometimes I fail. But I believe that when I do fail, I need to pick myself up again and keep pressing on to the high mark.

I am not perfect, but I am trying so hard to be perfect. I want to "fight the good fight", I want to bring Glory to Christ.
posted by Star @ 12:30 PM